Monday, February 28, 2011

Orientation

Classes just started yesterday (they go from Sunday through Thursday) and during the four days prior, we had orientation.  Being here reminds me of when I first arrived at Olin - new faces, fun camaraderie, group activities. My favorites are the hikes - I'm used to hiking in forests and at high elevations, but definitely not the barren desert.  No trees for shade, no grass or dirt to break a fall.  Just rocks, sand, and the occasional shrub.

Just another winter afternoon here

Taking a break in the shade of a valley

P.S. I don't take a whole lot of pictures, especially when the people with me have much nicer cameras and take many more pictures. I'll try to include some of those photos (here are some taken by Josh, one of the Program Associates).  Besides, a camera can't capture so much of what I see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment