Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Power Outage

Today the power was out for most of the day on the kibbutz.  No surprises - it was announced beforehand since it was scheduled work on the new solar field.  If this happened at Olin, I'm not sure what we would do.  I remember when the internet failed one night during the Winter Olympics last year, and everyone showed up in the lounges to watch the games.  But here, life went on as usual and I hardly noticed the lack of electricity.  I helped put up a tarp over part of the horse pen to give them some more shade, worked on my independent study project a little bit, swam in the pool, and fixed up a couple solar cookers:

Go sun!

By nightfall, the power was back so the soccer field lights could be turned on for a great game of Ultimate.  Contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment