Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oops

The one thing I regret not bringing here: safety glasses.  Of course, I had to get involved in an engineering-related project here which requires machining.  Except there's no machine shop, and the only safety goggles available are so scratched up that it would be more unsafe to use them.  Today I cut wood boards with a jigsaw while wearing swimming goggles.  It must have been quite a sight...don't worry, I still have both eyes.  Oh, how I long for the luxuries of the Olin machine shop.

P.S. Tomorrow I'm leaving the kibbutz for 11 days to go on the PELS (Peace-building and Environmental Leadership) trip, stop by an activism festival, collect reptiles on the second Biodiversity trip, and attend an alumni conference of the institute in Jerusalem.  See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment