Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Return to Timna

Today I returned to Timna Park for an Earth Science field trip.  This time, I got to see some new areas of the park which I didn't get to the last time:

The Arches
Exploring ancient copper mining tunnels
Very out-of-place artificial lake formed after recent mining endeavors
I have to say, I wasn't expecting much from a geology class, but it turned out to be a pretty awesome class (rocks are not as boring as I thought).  I even chose to do my final project on rock climbing :)

My clip in this video (of Oliners studying abroad) is from my last visit to Timna Park:
The video turned out really well and I can't wait to see Olin '12 again in the fall!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you wrote a post about your awesome geology class without saying that it rocked. I am very disappointed. :) Also, did you know that I'm keeping a blog of my U.S. travels? It's at jacobconclavos.blogspot.com

    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete